Friday, September 16, 2011

Why have I not made this before?!

One of my favorite brunch spots is Charleston Cafe, which unfortunately Wes doesn't really like...so I don't go there often. I always order one of their "Island Potato Casseroles," which is homemade chips ("chippers") topped with sautéed peppers, onion and eggs, and then you chose one of the local islands...my favorite has sausage, shrimp, and spicy tomato sauce. It's heavenly, I swear. So, tonight I made the kids and Wes some scrambled eggs for dinner, and a lightbulb went off. I put Cape Cod kettle chips in an oven-proof dish, drizzled a tiny bit of ranch and salsa over them, topped with my scrambled eggs, a bit more salsa and ranch, and a nice sprinkling of shredded cheddar. I stuck it under the broiler on low for about 5 minutes...long enough to heat everything through and melt the cheese. Go make this...NOW. you won't be disappointed! And you can get inspirations for all kinds of toppings from the Charleston Cafe website. I can't wait to try it again!

No comments: