Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Awesome Pork Tenderloin

This is (as most of my recipes) a combination of a few different recipes/techniques.

1 pork tenderloin
2T lemon/lime juice (I use about 1T of each)
1/4ish c. soy sauce
1tsp ground ginger, or 1T fresh, grated
1T honey
1tsp garlic powder
2T olive oil
vegetable oil

Whisk all marinade ingredients together. Preheat oven to 400. Pour marinade over tenderloin and let rest for 30ish minutes.
Heat vegetable oil in oven-proof skillet over med high heat (I use my cast iron skillet). When oil is very hot, quickly sear tenderloin until browned on outside but still very raw on inside (I turn it so I sear it on 4 "sides").
Place tenderloin in hot skillet in oven, and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes.
Remove from oven, test for doneness, and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.

No comments: