Monday, September 3, 2007

Our Staple Veggie!

I don't know why I haven't posted this yet, because its one of the few veggies I cook that Wes really likes...and its easy too! I have never measured the ingredients, so I'll estimate the best I can!
Garlic Green Beans
1-2 pats of butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. minced garlic (best if its fresh, but I admit...I've used the jar stuff too)
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 c. milk
salt/pepper
1 bag frozen cut green beans

In a saucepan, combine the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Saute garlic in this. Stir in flour, making sure to get rid of any lumps, as it will thicken quickly. While still stiring, add milk slowly, allowing to thicken. Add salt and pepper, and stir in bag of green beans, coating all in garlic sauce. Cover, reduce heat to low/med-low, and let cook til beans are warmed through.

We're having these, along with wild rice, stuffing, and turkey breast (if it ever finishes cooking...ugh!) tonight.

Happy Labor Day everyone!

No comments: