Sunday, March 21, 2010

Homemade Pasta...YUM!

Okay, I'm jumping on The Pioneer Woman bandwagon. How have I not heard of this awesome blog before?? I decided to try out Pastor Ryan's Homemade Pasta the other night, and it was so fun to make...and yummy!

I did have to use a fair amount more flour than she called for, but I'd start with the listed amount, then add as needed. We had it for dinner with homemade sauce, then Wesley and I had it the next day for lunch, tossed with a little bit of olive oil and seasoning. It looks very, hmm, earthy and sloppy, but very interesting at the same tiime!

6 whole eggs
3 c. all-purpose flour (or more)

slowly mix the eggs into the flour with your hands. Turn the dough onto a floured surface, and knead, knead, knead! Add flour as needed until the dough becomes smooth. Let the dough rest for a bit, then roll out as thinly as possible. Cut with a pizza wheel(that's what I used) or sharp knife. Make sure to cut the noodles very narrow...they'll plump up when you cook them.
Cook the noodles in salty (very salty!) water for just a couple of minutes. They'll be plump and floating when they're ready.

No comments: